Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturation Point

It takes a lot to get me to this place, but I am totally done with food. I don't want to think about it, eat it, or cook it anymore. It has been a hell of a weekend. I cooked for Randy's work team on Friday night - 20 people. But, this being Seattle and people being on the sort of flaky side, only about 12 of them actually stayed for dinner. So what do you do with all that extra food? You have friends and family over on Saturday night and, me being me, you make one extra thing because you are always afraid there isn't going to be enough food.

Next up, one of my client's had her vegetarian daughter in town and asked me to cook them two additional meals this week. I opted to do those dinners for Sunday and Monday so I could have Saturday to prep. It was important to me to get both of those dinners done and delivered today (Sunday) so I could start preparing for the new week tomorrow. So, in case you aren't following along, in the past 4 days I have cooked one dinner for 20, one dinner for 7 (mostly leftovers), and two dinners for four. I'm telling you - I can't even go in my kitchen. The worst of it is, it was all such a frenzy that I took no photographs so I can't really even blog about any of it.


But tomorrow is a new day and I will approach the week with my usual sense of excitement about the food I am going to make and the dread I feel as I wonder how I am going to get it all done. This time I
will take photos.

1 comment:

@BrandTallDeb said...

You've been taking on a LOT this summer! Hosting and cooking for huge parties, adding new clients, cooking for friends in need and just giving, giving, giving. You are so generous with your time and food--it's okay to just be a little burnt out. Can you take a little break so cooking can be a labor of love again, not just a labor? Can I cook for YOU this week?? Or do we need a girls night out!?!?! You deserve a little rest, I think!