Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Life-Changing Event

After much pleading, many letters and emails, Amazon Fresh has come to my zip code. I cannot even tell you what this means for me.

For some reason, I am having a hard time re-entering my life this week. All I did was visit L.A. for a weekend and now I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. Cooking feels like a chore instead of a joy. Each day when I put my boys down for a nap, all I want to do is put my feet up. This is unlike me. I was also almost completely unable to come up with this week's menus. Sunday night I finally just decided to plan for Tuesday and see what happened with Thursday.

Thank goodness for Amazon Fresh.
Last night - when I FINALLY could think of something I wanted to make for tonight, I logged in and ordered my groceries off my list (they had everything, even tempeh.) This morning, I opened the front door and there they were. No "How am I going to get to the store with the boys to pick up that thing I forgot?" moments for me. As long as I log in before midnight, I get groceries first thing in the morning. For a busy mom and personal chef, this could be life changing...

3 comments:

@BrandTallDeb said...

Sure they start delivering to us just as I move 4 blocks and one zip code away. Drats! Can I just have my groceries delivered to you? ;)

Pam said...

Our Safeway delivers groceries and I used them when I had my c-sections. I like going to the grocery store better though because I am picky about my produce.

Emily Rose said...

I have never ordered groceries online but I have heard so many people rave about it lately that I think I'm going to have to look into it. It is always such a relief to have all the ingredients you need on hand!